November 4, 2008

Slamming Doors

I get so tired of the petty rivalry that happens between the adults involved with this blended family. Not so much with Bob - he's too detached to play games. It's more so Shires vs. Pesho. There's no way to keep score because no one can ever win. The only thing that can happen is that Matthew winds up getting hurt. UGH! I just hate this. There seems to be no way to avoid it though. (No way short of giving up our own morals and standards.)

The value systems in the two households couldn't be much different, so of course we're not going to see eye-to-eye. It is difficult to put those differences aside at times even though it's for the good of Matthew.

Today I tried in desperation to open a door between the two families - only to have it slammed in my face. I honestly thought it was going to make a difference. We were going to be able to start anew. Maybe begin some open communication in the best interest of a child. Perhaps I should have known better. Perhaps my own naivity is the source of my hurt feelings and not the door being slammed in my face.

2 comments:

Pauly Z said...

Friends; I'm really sorry. We really love you guys. I wish life was more fair.

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

You are doing an excellent job of loving Matthew and including him the chaos that is our/your loving family. You can tell he's an adored kiddo.

When he's an adult, he'll be able to recall times when you really tried to communicate with 'the other'. It only matters that you TRIED. You gave a hoot. You gave the time of day to some woman who doesn't 'get it'... at all. You love that little guy like he's your own flesh and blood.

You tried. You'll keep trying. You'll do what's best for the family, Matthew included. You're good at this Mom-thing. You're good at the marriage-thing.

God doesn't ask us to grow the whole garden... all we have to do is plant seeds and try to water a little.

Hang in there :-) You need chocolate!!!!!