August 19, 2009

How Old Do They Think I Am?

On the way to drop the boys off at the sitter this morning I was asked if there were brick roads when I was a kid. I said yeah, there were a few like the ones we drive on in Orrville.

One of the boys said (in a very serious, not-mischievous-at-all-kind-of-way) "OH! So there were paved roads when you were a kid!"

I said "Of course."

Another said "There was asphalt?"

"Of course. Just how old do you think I am?" I replied, not certain whether to be amused or insulted.

Curious, I asked what else they thought there wasn't when I was a kid. The few I remember are:

~ Color TV
~ Radio
~ PlayStation (Ok. Maybe not, but we had Atari.)
~ Hand held gaming systems (Hey! I remember when gameboy came out.)

I was waiting for one of them to say 'automobiles' but that one didn't come out.

1 comments:

Pauly Z said...

regardless to their answers; you ARE old...