November 20, 2008

Smuggler

(A little background before I get into this story...
Yesterday afternoon Orin had an appointment with his Opthamologist. His eyes were dilated and he was given those wacky looking rolled up sunglasses to wear home.)

Upon arriving at work this morning, I wasn't even able to stash my purse in my desk drawer before the cell phone began ringing. "OH NO! Either Orin forgot his tester - or - WHAT HAS HE DONE NOW?!" immediately ran through my mind.

I dug through my purse, looked at the caller ID and sure enough - the school was calling.

"Hello?" I answered - nearly afraid to even open the stupid phone.

It was Mrs. Mapes. Orin's teacher. My suspicions were correct!

She was calling to inquire whether Orin REALLY had to wear a pair of funky looking sunglasses to protect his eyes from the light due to something the doctor did to them yesterday. *Sigh*

That stinker smuggled the sunglasses to school and tried to play it off like he "had" to wear them all day. Of course I let Mrs. Mapes know Orin was yanking her chain. She had presumed so, but just wanted to double check - bless her heart.

1 comments:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Oh my stars... what a little turkey! Were you tempted to say: "yes, he has to wear them all day AND stay in from recess AND sing "I'm a pretty pretty Princess" in front of the entire class... or something equally ornery LOL.