December 2, 2008

Dining Out

Over the weekend Logan, Orin and Matthew built a fort out of blankets.

We went out to eat. Mark was eating something gassy - cabbage I think - and said sheepishly to the boys "I'm going to hang out with you in your fort tonight!".

Matthew immediately replied as seriously as a heart attack, and as loud as a fire truck...

"YOU BETTER NOT FART!"

Of course, I nearly choked on the food in my mouth - as did a man sitting at the table next to us as he began to belly laugh. We received many amused sideways glances and quite a few people chuckled.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time the five of us went out to eat together without causing someone to laugh. I don't think this is a bad thing. It's perhaps not the way I might plan it, but still - not a bad thing.

0 comments: